While many authors have the dream of earning a full-time living from the sales of their books, the truth is, very few authors are able to generate a significant livelihood just from the sales of their books.
However, your book can serve as the foundation to a very lucrative full-time income when you lift the words off the pages and bring them to life in the form of online courses, coaching programs, materials, and systems.
As our series on “Building a Business with Your Book” continues, I’d love to feature authors in our community who are doing things to build a business with their books.
This will provide you with some great exposure and it will be inspiring for other authors to see what is possible.
That said, enjoy today’s article, then scroll down to the comments section to either share what you are doing and/or read about what other authors are doing.
You’ll find a few guidelines to help make the most of what you share. Depending on the results, several authors will be invited to be featured in an Author Spotlight segment.
I see building a business with a book as a five pronged approach, to which I’ve attached the acronym D.R.E.A.M.
- Develop Your Author Platform
- Reach Out and Grow Your List
- Earn by Creating Courses and Programs
- Advance Your Exposure Online
- Market Your Book and Your Programs
I’m so looking forward to reading about what you are up to.
Here’s How to Get Featured
- Scroll down to the comments section below to share your thoughts and read about what other authors in our community are up to.
- Tell us what you are doing to Build a Business with Your Book.
- It could be that you have a course for sale or are developing a course or monthly membership site.
- It could be that you are fine tuning your blog or branding or doing things to connect with your audience and grow your list.
Scroll down to share what you are doing and to join in the conversation.
Caution: While you are invited to share what you are doing and even list ONE URL to what it is you are writing about, this is not an opportunity to be overly promotional or spammy. We reserve the right to include or exclude comments. That said, embrace the opportunity to be featured (and to perhaps be selected for an Author Spotlight feature) by sharing what you are up to. You are encouraged to share tips and suggestions to help inspire and equip others.
We’re looking forward to reading your comments!
Here’s to your success,